Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The University of Florida Employee Assistance Program Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental health and wellness is designed to help residents and their families with concerns that may be troubling them. Trainees and physicians may be dealing with personal and emotional challenges. EAP was created to offer confidential support and resources to those in need.
EAP offers assistance with :
- Adjustment to Life Changes
- Marital or Relationship Difficulties
- Parenting and Family Illness
- Job Burnout
- Depression, & Anxiety
- Alcohol, Gambling or Chemical Dependency
Cost: The first three visits to a provider are FREE. If more services are needed, the counselor will coordinate continued care within your health benefits plan.
Please click on this link to complete a brief anonymous online screening to determine if a referral to EAP may be helpful to you:
If the results suggest contacting a mental health professional, you are encouraged to call the EAP for Resident-specific assistance: 352-392-5787 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can access this unique program:
- Self-Referral- This is a completely confidential method of getting help for yourself by simply call 352-392-5787.
- Employer Referral – If your problems visibly affect your job performance, your training director, faculty adviser or GME Dean my recommend that you access the EAP for an evaluation. Your supervisor will not have access to your records. Participation in the EAP is not included in your personnel files.
For more information Click Here: http://eap.ufl.edu/
Brief screenings are the quickest way to determine if you or someone you care about should connect with a mental health professional.
Other resource numbers are listed below:
In Case of Emergency:Call 911
UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital:352-265-5481
National Suicide Prevention & Crisis Hotline: 800-273-TALK