[GL] Shands HealthCare Information Technology and EPIC Training for New Housestaff
Shands is now using an electronic medical record for order management and clinical documentation called EPIC . All four steps listed below are required before July 1st – in order to receive access to Epic.
1. Complete Confidentiality and Security Agreement with Shands HealthCare - this form MUST be completed prior to receiving computer access to healthcare information.
- FAX form to 352-733-4444 -OR-
- Scan and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org “Attention: 2013 Incoming Resident Access”
We are planning on opening EPIC online training by 5/15/2013. The step we are currently monitoring is ensuring that all new incoming residents have created their GatorLink.
(You will receive an email that contains a link for access to this course.)
Once you have your GatorLink ID – you will need to complete the following before Friday, June 22nd, 2012:
Overview Training Process Video (20 min) – This will step you through the entire process including viewing the results of your mandatory proficiency assessment.
- Windows Media – mms://wm.video.ufl.edu/AHCMED/epichousestaff-intro.wmv
- Alternative Download – http://facdev.health.ufl.edu/epic-sakai/epichoustaff%20intro.mp4
Epic Training Course Link (sign in using GatorLink credentials) – https://elearning2.courses.ufl.edu/portal/site/fa4e6b8c-c0b3-4add-a771-c0c0b8fd0771
3. All new residents must complete this Epic E-learning training module and take the online assessment (max 2 attempts).
- You must make 80% or better to pass.
- You may log into the Epic Playground during your assessment to assist you with answering questions.
- You have a maximum of 2 attempts to successfully complete this assessment. If you fail both attempts, you will be required to meet one-on-one with an Epic trainer in addition and before the scheduled in-person training.
- You will not be able to meet with patients until all your Epic required training is complete.
- Use your GatorLink ID to login and complete the necessary specialty areas.
** If you need assistance or have questions with the E-learning training module:
- On Campus: Reserve a seat with an Epic trainer during a Study Hall by signing up here.
- Off Campus: EMAIL email@example.com and receive a response within 24 hours or PAGE us at 1-888-961-2939 and a trainer will get back to you during the hours of 9 AM – 3 PM Eastern Standard Time.
4. During the week of orientation, residents will attend a required in-person training (approximately 4 hours) that will review material and talk about specific Epic functions for each specialty. These will be registered by the program coordinators by specialty and will be posted once they are scheduled on this site.
** Residents must take the e-learning training, pass the assessment online and attend 1 (one) in-person training before getting full access to Epic and the ability to see patients.
Other Applications you will use once you are working in patient care areas:
- PSynch (password synchronization) for Housestaff
- SoftMed ESA E-Learning for Housestaff
- Stentor (Radiology) and Miscellaneous E-Learning for Housestaff – To acquire a Stentor account, contact your supervisor.