[UFID] – Resident Parking / Decals – Shands @ UF
Housestaff have exclusive parking spaces (within 2 different garages) that guarantees a place to park 24/7. One lot is the roof top of Garage III off Mowry Rd. The other is the 2nd level of the covered garage XIII on Gale Lemerand.
RESIDENT LOT PARKING DECALS run from July 1 – June 30.
GATED PARKING: Residents may opt to purchase GATED Parking Decals to Garage III (only). If you had a gated decal in the past, you can order your renewal via the website and it will be mailed to the address on file with UF. If Gated Parking is new to you, you must obtain it in person (there may be a waiting list). GATED LOT DECALS run from May 1 – April 30.
SOUTH TOWER PARKING GARAGE: If your training program’s primary work location is the South Tower (General Surgery, Urology, Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine) you may request a parking decal for the South Tower Parking Garage. Your program will request this for your through Sharron Wallace in the Housestaff Affairs Office, email@example.com. Once approved, you will have to purchase this decal in person. You cannot order this decal online. THERE IS A WAITING LIST FOR NEW HOUSESTAFF. CURRENT HOUSESTAFF WILL BE ABLE TO RENEW THEIR DECALS TO THIS GARAGE. NEW HOUSESTAFF WILL PURCHASE THE “RESIDENT LOT” DECAL AND WILL BE NOTIFIED WHEN AN OPENING OCCURS. (South Tower decals run from May 1 – April 30)
AFTER HOURS PARKING: You may park in any area that is not designated as Valet between the hours of 5:30pm and 7:30am. However, parking tickets will be issued if you are in an area outside of these hours without the proper decal.
EMERGENCY CALL PARKING: If you are on-call for your specialty, you can drive your vehicle up to the Valet Parking at the South Campus Emergency Room Entrance (West). Tell the Valet Attendant that you are a physician On-Call for your service and have been called in to see a patient. Your vehicle will be Valet Parked at no charge.
PARKING – SAFETY AND SECURITY: There are several escort options for all housestaff while working at Shands.
- Shands Security – 265.0109, you can call Shands Security to escort you to and from your vehicle.
- SNAP - 392-SNAP, 6:30pm – 2:00am regular semesters, 8:30pm to 2:00am summer semester. (Student Nighttime Auxiliary Patrol) SNAP provides nightly escorts anywhere on campus to persons on request. The service is staffed by students equipped and supervised by the university police department.
- Gotcha Ride is an eco-friendly, 100% battery powered transportation service that provides free rides for students and faculty. Gotcha Ride currently has five specially-designed vehicles currently operating on theUniversityofFloridacampus, each of which can safely accommodate up to 5 passengers.The service runs Thursday – Saturday from 8:00 PM – 3:00 AM, providing transportation throughout theUniversityofFloridacampus and to nearby surrounding areas. Daytime transportation is also provided free of charge for patients and visitors atShandsHospitalMonday – Friday from 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM. Rides are always free, and tips are appreciated.To schedule transportation, call Gotcha Ride at their toll free number, (866) 9-GET-GOT or visit their website at www.thegotcharide.com. Additional information is available at www.facebook.com/thegotcharide or www.twitter.com/gotcharide1.
- University Police Department UPD – If you are ever uncomfortable with your personal safety and security on UF property, call 9-1-1 and an officer will be dispatched to you immediately. General UPD service can also be reached at 392-1111.
- BLUE LIGHTS – Emergency telephones on the UF campus are connected directly to UPD. These blue light phones are located in each of the parking garages.
- More detailed information about the U.F. Transportation and Parking Department can be found on their website at: http://www.parking.ufl.edu/pages/transcommopt.asp