Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
Who We Are
We are a Committee on Quality & Patient Safety whose primary goal is to involve our housestaff in institutional quality and safety improvement initiatives. The idea behind the committee is that housestaff provide a majority of patient care in the hospital so their involvement in quality and safety initiatives is paramount to providing excellent patient care. Our Committee consists of Resident Physicians from each of the major medical and surgical specialties elected by their peers to represent their group.
- The GME now requires all residents to do a Quality Project prior to graduation. If you are a resident working on a project and need help getting published or interdepartmental help in completing your project please contact your Quality Housestaff committee member and we can assist with you project
- Process Improvement Team Charter This is the recommended format on how to make sure your Quality Improvement project is being formatted correctly. Please use this guideline when doing your quality projects.
- If you are currently working on a Quality Project Please inform your Quality Housestaff Committee member so we can keep up with all the Housestaff projects. If you don’t know your member please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.ihi.org/Pages/default.aspx. Please visit this website for additional information on Quality Improvement in Healthcare.
- http://www.bmj.com/content/338/bmj.a3152. Gives a list of guidelines on how to get published.
Useful Quality Related Links:
- Quailty and Patient safety website: https://ufhealth.org/quality-and-patient-safety/welcome
- Institute for healthcare improvement
- SQUIRE Guidelines: SQUIRE_guidelines_table
- Quality Improvement in Graduate Medical Education:JAMA Quality GME