PLAs and Rotation Agreements
Please review ALL the information below (Sections A, B, C AND D) regarding Program Letters of Agreement and Rotation Agreements between the University of Florida and Other Clinical Sites before selecting the applicable template for our residents/fellows and/or visiting residents/fellows or courtesy appointments (Section D).
Please allow a minimum of 30 days for UF templates without any changes.
Please allow a minimum of 60-90 days for UF templates with changes or non-UF forms.
Please allow a minimum of 90 days for rotations that require out of state licenses.
A. Sites at UFHealth/Shands, VA, Orlando Health, Naval Hospital in Jacksonville, FL:
The University of Florida has Master Affiliation Agreements with:
1) Shands Teaching Hospital and Clinics, Inc. (“SHANDS”),
2) Shands Jacksonville Medical Center, Inc., and,
3) all subsidiary organizations and facilities listed below:
- Shands Rehab Hospital
- Shands at VISTA
- Shands Children’s Hospital at the University of Florida
- Community Care Physicians at Crown Point
- Shands Medical Group of Live Oak
- Family Health at West Oaks
- Florida Surgical Center
- Park Avenue Imaging Center
- Shands Rehab Center at Medical Plaza
- Shands for Kids at Shands Rehab Center at Magnolia Park
- Shands Rehab Center at Magnolia Park
- Shands Rehab Center at Shands at UF
- Shands Rehab at the Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Institute
- Florida PsychCare
- Ayers Surgery Center
- Shands Medical Group of Starke
If you have UF resident/fellow rotations at any of the above listed Shands sites, use the following template which was last updated 4/9/2015
Program-Letter-of-Agreement-Template-for-UF at UF-Health-Shands as of 4-9-2015 (Note: this template is only to be used for Master Affiliation Agreement (MAA) or Memorandum of Understanding sites)
The University of Florida also has Master Affiliation Agreements with:
North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System,
Orlando Health, Inc.,
Sacred Heart Health System, Inc., and,
Naval Hospital, Jacksonville, Florida (only for Community Health and Family Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics).
If you have UF resident/fellow rotations at any of the above listed sites, use the following template which was last updated 4/9/2015
Program-Letter-of-Agreement-Template-for-OTHER sites with MAA as of 4-9-2015 (Note: this template is only to be used for Master Affiliation Agreement (MAA) or Memorandum of Understanding sites)
B. UF residents/fellows rotating at sites NOT listed in Section A
For all other UF resident/fellow experiences NOT at UFHealth/Shands, the VA, Orlando Health or the Naval Hospital in Jacksonville (template last updated 4/7/2017):
- PLA – External Rotation Agreement for One UF Resident vMarch 2017
- PLA – External Rotation Agreement for Mulifple UF Residents vMarch 2017 (Note: 5 years contract) UPDATED 4/7/2017
Non-UF residents/fellows rotating in Gainesville:
For all NON-UF resident/fellow experiences occurring here in Gainesville, please click (template last updated 4/7/2017):
C. To look up the legal name of clinical sites that are non-governmental, please go to the following links:
In the State of Florida: http://www.sunbiz.org/search.html
Outside Florida: http://www.coordinatedlegal.com/SecretaryOfState.html
D. The process and timelines for Courtesy Appointment or Non-UF/Visiting Residents or Fellows can be found below.
external-non-uf-residents-or-fellows-onboarding-process – visiting housestaff (these are the steps for courtesy appointments or Non-UF / Visiting Residents/Fellows that must be completed)
Please note that if there are any modifications needed, you will need additional time as they must be reviewed through Contracts and Risk Management.
For any questions, please contact Diana Morris 352-594-5097
This page was last updated on 4/7/2017