Gym and Workout Facilities
Housestaff have a variety of opportunities to choose from for exercise.
- There is a Housestaff gym located on the 6th floor (6238) and has a variety of options for working out.
- Some UF Facilities are available to all Gator1 ID card holders to use when the UF Teams are not using them for practice. These include pools and tennis courts.
- Swimming: The O’Connell Center pool (when teams not practicing), http://www.recsports.ufl.edu/aquatics/oconnell-center-pool/
- Broward Hall outdoor pool, http://campusmap.ufl.edu/?loc=0011&zoom=17
- Lake Wauburg http://www.recsports.ufl.edu/lake-wauburg
- Shands Gym at South Tower Parking Garage
- Shands Fitness and Wellness Center is one of Gainesville’s newest fitness and wellness centers at which medical fitness is also available.
**Because Housestaff are not full-time students who are enrolled in and pay for classes, they do not qualify to utilize the student gyms on campus.